Would you like your sweetest Valentine’s Day ever?
Here are 14 loved-based Wishful Thinking Works tips to make this year’s Valentine’s Day your best yet.
♥ Mix and match them to your heart’s desire. ♥
♥ Using even one tip can up your happiness or that of someone special to you. ♥
Plan ahead – having something to look forward will raise your spirits. If you do not want to be alone, reach out and plan something fun for friends or family. If you are looking forward to a quiet night by yourself, go for it – in style – by treating yourself to foods and activities you love. Add, candles and fancy dishes, and voilà, c’est magnifique!
- Broaden your scope – you can celebrate being in love with anyone on Valentine’s Day. Friends, family, your kids, your life, your job – whatever makes you smile is worth celebrating!
- Expand your options – restaurants can be overbooked and way too busy on the 14th, why not go out earlier in the month, and exchange cards or gifts on Valentine’s? (We have already booked dinner at a new beachside restaurant for the 8th. The anticipation is just as fun, the sunset view will be as stunning and the food may even be better since the restaurant will not be overflowing.)
- Be creative – good times don’t require big budgets – think indoor picnic or cheese and crackers with wine before dinner at home to make it special. If you can get outdoors – plan a picnic, a late night walk or a weekend hike. Anything that moves you out of your comfort zone will be memorable.
- Relax – even the most romantic evening can be ruined by letting your expectations outweigh the circumstances. Breathe!
- Put the focus on others – this is a great time of year for Gratitude Letters, cards or notes to special aunts and uncles, neighbors, or co-workers – anyone who has done something caring and kind for you – ever! Buy a heart shape cookie and drop it by the neighbors or leave it on the desk of a co-worker.
- Memories make great gifts – find ways to bring great moments alive again through Facebook posts, photos, calls or visits. Remind loved ones of memories you share.
- Volunteer – studies show this can brighten everyone’s day, and may even lengthen your life. Make plans now to spend time helping others.
- Babysit – If you don’t have big plans – help make someone else’s night great!
- Pay-it-forward – Buy coffee for the person behind you in line. Let folks go ahead of you at the grocery store. Hold the door, give-up the parking space. (Remember, to keep it pure and simple no fair waiting or expecting a thank you!)
- Give an unexpected hug – it is good for everyone’s health! Hold it for 20 seconds to feel all of the warmth and richness.
- Ask for a do-over or apologize – now is the perfect time to undo something you said or did that you wish you hadn’t. Here’s how!
- Forgive – yourself or someone else! Take time to rethink and reframe a situation and then gently let it go.
- Give instead of receiving – donate to your favorite charity. One of the best Valentine’s gifts I ever received was a donation made in my name to fund a young girl’s school for a year – the cost was only $58, the memory and the feeling are priceless!
Making the simple, special this Valentine’s Day will make you and others happier!
Visit Wishful Thinking Works on Facebook for posts and updates.
If you enjoyed this or any other post, please “Like” Wishful Thinking Works on FB
and share the post with your friends!