I had such a great weekend. It was filled with lots of family, friends and fun.
I must admit I am a tad tired though, and, my brain is a bit mushy. I have decided to follow my own wonderful Monday morning advice :-), and instead of getting stressed because I can’t decide what I want to write about, I reviewed and savored the family and friends I saw, and the fun I had this weekend:
- Nate, Tim, Luann, Jonas, Dylan, Dao, Malinda, Pat and Tasha,
- dinners out, lakeside picnics,
- Kumquat Festival (tangy tart little citrus fruits in Dade City), country drives
- roving pirates – Gasparilla in Tampa, cappuccino in Ybor,
- Peace Corps recruitment event (50th anniversary this year!),
- shopping at a Cuban bakery and a huge Asian grocery (Peking duck for dinner tonight),
- driving home hours in the dark, walking in just as the last episode of PBS’s Downton Abbey began,
- reading a fantastic book, and getting another (more on both in future posts),
- locking us out of a friend’s house for about three hours – we took a walk and then sat and talked, anything can be fun with a friend!
- And, last but never least, sunny skies and cool breezes, everywhere – this is after all, Florida in January.
Then I savored each one, just for 30 seconds, or so. Ahh, heaven, again! Okay, now it is your turn, review the good stuff, savor it a bit. Mmmm, feel your shoulders relaxing, a smile forming?
Well, I feel great and in keeping with my Monday morning no stress theme, I am using a “postaweek2011” topic today, which I think is a fun, creative way to get started on the last Monday of the first month of the 2nd decade of the 3rd millennium:
If you had your own reality show, what would it be?
What would it be called?
What would it be about?
We can’t wait to hear all about it! I am sure it is creative and fun – I know you are good at this. Go ahead share it.
Oh, and special congrats to my friend Mary! Congratulations, Mary. You can read about her happy news in her comment on “A little help from our friends”. And, if you didn’t get to it this weekend, follow Mary’s lead and start your Monday morning off right, by letting someone you care know you care or by thanking them for something wonderful – large or small – they have done for you.
Have a great Monday!
Wow, what are the odds!
whoa! I had the exact same awesome weekend!!!