When the weather outside is frightful or the pace of the holiday season is not-so-delightful. Or, when your thoughts and reactions are more Scrooge-ish than Tiny Tim, why not enjoy a social media quick pick-me-up? Here’s how:
- Go to You Tube and find some holiday or soft music to get you in a relaxed mood. I enjoyed listening to this while I enjoying my pick-me-up, but the choice is yours.
- Go to Facebook and instead of posting or reading, begin looking through some of your oldest albums and photos. Relive all the fun of those moments with family and friends by letting the warm fuzzy feelings sink in. (You are releasing all sorts of wonderful endorphins.)
- Create a FB Flashback by sharing a photo or two with the friends in the photo, reminding them of the fun you were having or how happy you are that are in your life. (Private or public sharing, again, your choice.)
- Tweet about how happy you are feeling.
- Go back to whatever you were doing with a smile on your face, and maybe even a song in your heart.
- Repeat as necessary.
Social media to the rescue. Happy Holidays!