Did you know that you are really very cool and are a unique combination of a series of virtues and character strengths?
You are uniquely designed to be good at certain stuff. The specific “stuff ” you choose to do is up to you, but one of the best ways to feel happy and fulfilled in your life is to identify and use your personal strengths to choose the stuff best suits you.
I’ve mentioned all this before (click here to read more about your Signature Strengths). Having and using Signature Strengths is nothing new, but sometimes we have to be in just the right mood to move forward on something, so I am mentioning it again.
I was thinking that this weekend might be the perfect time to take the VIA Inventory of Strengths (VIA-IS) Survey and find out more about yourself and what makes you uniquely you. It’s free!
It could be the beginning of a whole new you or maybe just a more fit you, because once you know what your strengths are you can begin exercising them on a regular basis. Consider it a workout for your soul.
I love exercising my strengths, my top six are capacity to love and be loved; creativity, ingenuity, and originality; gratitude; zest, enthusiasm, and energy; curiosity and interest in the world and judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness. They provide a great foundation for creating the life I really want – your strengths are waiting to support you!
Here are the general categories and traits to get you in the mood to explore the real you.
- Wisdom and Knowledge: creativity, curiosity, open-mindedness, love of learning, perspective, innovation
- Courage: bravery, persistence, integrity, vitality
- Humanity: love, kindness, social intelligence
- Justice: citizenship, fairness, leadership
- Temperance: forgiveness and mercy, humility, prudence, self control
- Transcendence: appreciation of beauty and excellence, gratitude, hope, humor, spirituality
Enjoy your weekend, and I hope you find the time to exercise what makes you, you!