The benefits of meditation on our brains and our stress levels are well-documented in the scientific community. One of the seminar participants noted that even 8 minutes a day has immediate results, and over time will leave a positive, lasting impact on our brains.
One of the topics they discussed was the value of group meditation. An organization called “The Big Quiet” is flourishing in New York City and their success motivated me to start a monthly Fort Myers Beach meditation for Wishful Thinking Works. If you are in the area join us, if not check out this virtual meditation event!
We are gathering Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 9:30 am by Pincher’s Restaurant on Fort Myers Beach, FL.
How to participate:
• Bring a towel or blanket and an open heart and mind. If you prefer a chair and coffee, no problem, but still bring that open heart and mind! Everyone is welcome, so bring a friend or two.
• Head to Pincher’s Restaurant on Fort Myers Beach. There should be plenty of parking on a Sunday morning at this time of year.
• Then walk across the beautiful, soft sand to the water’s edge. I will be waiting for you.
• After a welcome and introductions, we will sit quietly together looking out at the sea for 20 minutes. We will do 10 minutes of a guided meditation and 10 minutes on Individual.
• Afterwards, folks can share about the experience and talk a bit.
• If you like we can head to the restaurant for coffee or breakfast, or simply sit longer on the beach, or head home
Join us to find a bit more peace in your heart and relaxation and happiness in your life.
Visit Wishful Thinking Works on Facebook for posts and updates.