Happy New Year! Welcome to 2019! Now, let’s fast forward to January 2020 . . .
Picture yourself one year from today, excited and thrilled about what you accomplished in 2019! I realize the year has barely begun, but one of the best ways to move forward is to have a clear picture of yourself feeling satisfied and grateful about what you have accomplished – before it is done!
Picturing the life you want makes it feel real, which releases all sorts of chemicals in your brain that will relax your body and expand your creativity and positivity by creating new neural pathways. It’s science, but feels like magic!
Picture it done!
Create a positive, rewarding outcome for your biggest dreams and then sit back and enjoy a movie-like mental reel highlighting how your personalized success looks and feels. Daydream your way into the vision of yourself you want to see and be.
Prime your brain by envisioning yourself celebrating your future success. Perhaps you are telling your friends just how wonderful it feels to be 10 pounds lighter and how you did it or how thrilled you are for sticking to your running schedule and the difference it has made in your life. Perhaps your are telling them about how good it feels to be so close to finishing school and planning your graduation or how scared you were to start writing your book, but how good it feels to be in the editing stage. Or, how wonderful it feels to be in your new home for the holidays or how beautiful Paris was in the spring.
Don’t be afraid to visualize your dreams.
Include as many details as possible to fully experience your personalized magic carpet ride. Daydreams are all about imagination – go for it. (Don’t worry about how your dreams will come true, just have fun believing they can – if even only for a few minutes.)
Help is just outside your comfort zone, but never outside of your reach.
- To reinforce all those rich and wonderful thoughts and feelings, use the Wishful Thinking Works “Ta Da” List 2018 to record all the good things that happened in your life in 2018 – big or small! Writing our successes reminds us good things are possible, reveals patterns about what matters to us, and is another great way to prime your brain for happiness and success in the months ahead. (Did mine and it was great way to relive the highlights of 2018. Made me dig deep and remember worthwhile experiences I might have otherwise passed over. Truly rewarding activity. I plan to keep adding to it over the next few days. Don’t pass up the good feelings in store for you when you fill out your 2018 Wishful Thinking Works “Ta Da” List.)
- Now create your Wishful Thinking Works “Ta Da” List 2019 ! Record all your dreams for the 2019 as if they are already done. (I added prompts for you to get you started!) Add a sentence or two on the back of the sheet or in a journal sharing how good it feels to have brought such happiness into your life. (I just finished mine and it feels fantastic to put my dreams on paper. Freeing and rewarding all at once.)
- If you know you want your life to be different in 2019, but don’t have a specific goal or if you don’t know where to start, use the Wishful Thinking Works Change Circles to help you define what type of change you want to see this year.
- If you are letting your past, worries about the world around you, or the scale of the changes you want scare you; take a break and use the Wishful Thinking Works Courage Diet to get you back on track.
- Then use the Wishful Thinking Works Real Deal Change Wheel to move past and lingering hurdles or stumbling blocks.
There is absolutely no reason to face change alone. I designed all of these free Wishful Thinking Works resources for you, use them to make your dreams come true in 2019.
Don’t forget to visit and “Follow” Wishful Thinking Works and to “Like ” Wishful Thinking Works on Facebook throughout the amazing year that lies ahead for you.
Register for your Free 2019 Wishful Thinking Works Discovery Session!
“Like” Wishful Thinking Works on Facebook.